Perception is reality…or is reality perception? Regardless of semantics, perception and reality seem to go hand in hand. In life as well as the workplace, one common reality is impossible. There are just too many people. Each individual person you meet has their own unique view of the world – their own personal paradigm – from which they see reality.
“Our thoughts are shackled by the familiar. The brain is a neural tangle of near-infinite possibility, which means that it spends a lot of time and energy choosing what not to notice. As a result, creativity is traded for efficiency: people think in literal prose, not symbolist poetry.” – Johan Lehrer, Imagine
– Success is a direction, not a goal
– Goals are important, but so is the process of getting there
– Love the present moment and use it to fuel your passion and drive
– Remember: take pride in the fact that you improve yourself incrementally every day
– Understanding the power of equity is essential to breaking out of a traditional 9-5
– Average people may call you crazy, but choosing to take more equity over a higher salary is a smart play
– Always make sure that you view your time as an investment; what are your returns on that investment?